School Opening Hours
- School Opens: 8:50am
- School Closing: 3:15pm
If your child is absent through sickness or any unavoidable cause, it is essential that you inform the school. You can do this by either:
- telephoning the school and leaving a message on the absence line
- email the school office using firstname.lastname@example.org
- delivering a note to the school office in person
If we have not received notification of why your child is absent, the office will call you on the first day of absence for monitoring purposes.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE REQUESTS
Holidays must not be taken during term time. The Headteacher however has discretionary powers to grant leave of absence in exceptional circumstances.
Leave of absence requested for educational purposes will be granted e.g. Music exams. Absence request forms are available from the school office.
The school must collect and report details of absences by law and these are monitored closely. Lateness is also monitored. Attendance letters are sent out to parents termly if your child’s attendance is below 90%
WHY IS SCHOOL ATTENDANCE SO IMPORTANT?
Attendance in school is really important!
Absence at any stage leads to gaps in your child’s learning. This in turn can:
- mean that they fall behind in learning
- affect their motivation and confidence
- affect their enjoyment of learning
- affect their desire to attend school regularly
- mean they miss out on the social life of school and extra curricular opportunities and experiences
- affect their ability to have or keep friendships.